Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Four Things I Learned From Little Lulu Color Special

If I would have taken the time to flip through a copy of the Little Lulu Color Special in a shop, I probably wouldn't have purchased it, as the stories within are the same ones available in Dark Horse's black-and-white reprints, only presented larger and in full-color. But I ordered it sight unseen from the Internet. (Don't worry, local comics dealers—I was only adding it to an order of a prose book to qualify for free shipping!) Not that it was a complete waste of time and money. I did learn a few things from it. Well, four things.


1.) That old witch Hazel, the villain of the stupid, boring-ass stories Lulu tells Alvin occasionally, has green skin, like the Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz.


2.)Lulu's hat doesn't match her dress. It's yellow, not red!
This honestly shocked me. I was sure it was red.


3.) Willy Wilkins apparently started dying his hair at one point:




4.) Tubby's cousin Chubby isn't a slightly smaller identical version of him after all; Chubby's hair is lighter:

1 comment:

Greg said...

Tubby's piercing stare looks surprisingly effective!