Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Ahem.


I think you mean "What Are Heralds," don't you, Marvel Comics?

And that's an easy enough question to answer. A quick click on the dictionary reveals that a herald is somebody who brings or announces important news, or is a forerunner of something to come. “Heralds” would simply be the plural of that. What a silly question, Marvel.

Oh wait, is Heralds the name of a comic book series of some kind? Oh. Well in that case, I have no idea. The teaser image seems to feature She-Hulk fighting a dinosaur, some superheroines fighting zombies and someone punching out Colonel Sanders, so I suppose “pretty awesome-looking” is the answer to that question.

3 comments:

LurkerWithout said...

Looking at a bigger size of the cover, it looks like Shulkie is fighting a robot, Hell-Cat, Monica "I'll think of a new codename later" Rambeau and Valkryie are fighting zombies, the White Queen is blowing up a robot somehow and Colonel Sanders is getting his ass handed to him by Abigail Brand of S.W.O.R.D. Thats a pretty eclectic bunch...

doron said...

I doubt I'm the first to say this joke, but with the recent slate of female comics its probably HER-alds.

Kid Kyoto said...

@#$%ing Colonel Sanders, that's for my cholestoral level you heart-attacker!