Thursday, July 15, 2010

(I was going to put this up at Blog@, but one of my colleagues was faster on the post than I, so I'm just going to put it here)

The new issue of Entertainment Weekly goes on sale tomorrow, but you can see the cover and some details on its contents on their Pop Watch blog right now. It's the magazine's Comic-Con preview, so in addition to the reveal of Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan as Green Lantern and a behind-the-secenes look at that particular superhero movie, they'll have an info on Thor, Tron, Buffy, Walking Dead and other such comics/nerd culture projects.

This is normally where I would say something snide about the Green Lantern costume, but I'm a little too stunned at the moment. I guess it's only one picture, and only from the waist up.

Maybe the boots are so cool they save the whole design...?

7 comments:

JohnF said...

Urgh. It's like a cross between the GL costume and the Dracula Wolf-muscle armor from Bram Stoker's Dracula. Not a great look. Admittedly, the GL costume is a tough one to translate into the real world, but this is just fucking bizarre.

Randal said...

I, uh...um...huh. I'm guessing the lines are gonna be glowy or something. Yeah. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

Haven't we seen enough movie costume changes to know by now that they look different, and sometimes work together, when actually on screen?

Seriously, how many times have people had this same reaction in the last decade of superhero films, only to realize the changes work well enough?

Unclench, folks.

suckiemcsuck said...

I've been trying to remain cautiously optimistic about this movie but the costume doesn't bode well.

Sean said...

Wow. Pretty bad. I mean, what's with the green hair and apparently painted on mask? And is it really necessary to make the whole costume green? A little differentiation or accent colors (oh, I don't know... maybe black and white?) would be nice. Geez.

But who knows. Maybe the movie will be so good that the costume won't really matter.

Nicholas Ahlhelm said...

It looks pretty horrible here, but I will withhold judgment until I see it in motion. I really dislike the mask though.

Randal said...

hdefined: Once burned by rubber nipples...